Even though Windows 10 has fixed many issues with its latest upgrades, at times, unexpected errors can make your life frustrating. If you are one of those who is trying hard to get rid of error code 0xc000000f, then this tutorial guide just might save your another day of headache.
Lets, cut the chase by moving on to quick step by step solution to Fix boot/BCD error code 0xc00000f. After, you can read background on that error code.
Method 1: Fix boot/BCD error code 0xc000000f Using windows 10 repair installation
- Insert either windows 10 bootable USB flash drive or Windows 10 DVD on your PC/laptop.
- Navigate to BIOS screen by pressing F2 button immediately after restart.
- Select the boot order by choosing bootable USB flash drive or an optical disk DVD to first boot order and hit apply
- And it will now start repairing your Windows automatically.
- After the completion of the repair, restart and change the boot order to previous state. Now you’ll have fine operating windows.
Method 2: Fix boot/BCD error code 0xc000000f using the bootrec.exe tool in command prompt
- Insert your windows 10 bootable media. (USB flash drive or an optical disk DVD)
- Now press any key after you prompted to press key in the beginning.
- Then select your language with time and keyboard and then click next.
- Now choose the operating system you want to repair with and click next.
- And select the command prompt system like in fig below.
- You can see now that the window with black screen pops up. So, you should type bootrec.exe in that command prompt window and click enter key on your keyboard. It’ll now start building your corrupt BCD boot configuration data which will remove that error code 0xc000000f.
Method 3: Deleting Previous BCD and rebuilding a new BCD
If one of those 2 method did not work, you can try deleting, and rebuilding boot configuration data.
- Open Command Prompt
- Type bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup (press Enter)
- Type c: (press Enter)
- Type cd boot (press Enter)
- Type attrib bcd -s-h-r (press Enter)
- Type ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old (press Enter)
- Type bootrec /RebuildBCD (press Enter)
What are the significant causes for this error?
These types of errors (0xc000000f) primarily pops up due to corrupted boot configuration data (BCD) or HDD failure of your windows 10.
Make sure to backup your data. However, sometime the culprit might be malware. You can always download anti-malware software for free to get rid of bad malware that are infecting your operating system.
How to fix error code 0xc000000f when it’s detected?
Yes! There are a number of ways to get your windows 10 back to track as it was before. However, the above three methods are the safest way to restore your Windows 10 without losing any of your important data.
Thank you for considering us. We hope our recommended tweaks have repaired your PC. If the problem persisted, please feel free to use the comment box below.